- Review student survey results and make recommendations.
- Assist with the development, review, and dissemination of new student surveys on advising. (In accordance with Student Government Legislation).
- Review, assess, and implement passed Student Government legislation to improve advisement and provide status updates.
- Review assessment results based on college/school.
- Recommend new student resources to foster student success and comprehensive advisement.
- Market advising resources to the undergraduate student body through social media or other venues.
- Review the advising website and make recommendations.
- Offer consultation on student technologies such as DegreeWorks, EAB Navigate, and MyUSC Experience.
- Offer consultation on Academic Peer Mentorship.
- Offer consultation on Faculty/Student Mentorship initiatives.
2023-2024 Council Members
I am a very reliable person and I love to help students in any way I can. The council seems like something I'd be a big asset to because I can relate to students who are stressed.
I would like to a part of the Advising Student Council because as a freshman, I have experienced periods of panic regarding my schedule because I didn't know how to utilize degree works, my advisors, and my Pre professional advisor and this left me extremely confused and afraid I wouldn't schedule my classes accordingly. Fortunately, I realized these factors were here to help me and I shouldn't be afraid to ask for said help. I feel as though I can help future students not only navigate through their classes but navigate through their fear as well.
I worked as an Orientation Leader last summer, so I saw firsthand where a lot of the confusion stems from new students when it comes to advising at USC. I grew a love for helping students through this process, because it felt like a puzzle almost... we just had to put the pieces together! The process also helped me get to know the students, and what their interests are, which is incredibly interesting! I also have nothing but positive experiences with my own academic advisor, Alexa Dean.
I would like to be part of the Advising Student Advisory Council because my freshman year, I learned how detrimental a poor advisor can be to your college experience and pre professional track as a pre-medical student. I would love to help students learn how to utilize their resources on campus to best prepare themselves for upcoming results.