Academic Advising Student Council
The University Advising Center seeks all students interested in evaluating and improving
the undergraduate student advising experience. Undergraduate students are asked to
provide guidance and offer recommendations through participation in the Academic Advising
The goal of the Council is to provide a formal channel of communication between students
and key administrators in advising. The Academic Advising Student Council will:
- Review student survey results and make recommendations.
- Assist with the development, review, and dissemination of new student surveys on advising. (In accordance with Student Government Legislation).
- Review, assess, and implement passed Student Government legislation to improve advisement and provide status updates.
- Review assessment results based on college/school.
- Recommend new student resources to foster student success and comprehensive advisement.
- Market advising resources to the undergraduate student body through social media or other
- Review the advising website and make recommendations.
- Offer consultation on student technologies such as DegreeWorks, EAB Navigate, and MyUSC Experience.
- Offer consultation on Academic Peer Mentorship.
- Offer consultation on Faculty/Student Mentorship initiatives.
The Council is comprised of undergraduate students representing a variety of academic
fields. Council members will learn more about existing advising services and resources
and assist with additional matters related to academic advising as they arise.
Membership & Interest Form
Advisory Council members will be asked to meet 6 times per semester. All applicants
will be notified by late September if selected to serve.
If you are interested in joining the Academic Advising Student Council, please complete
the interest form below.