College of Arts and Sciences
Curriculum Vitae [pdf]
Department of Mathematics
- Ph. D., Mathematics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1991
- M. S., Mathematics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1988
- B. S., Mathematics, Nankai University, Tianjin, P. R. China, 1982
2008-Present: Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of South Carolina (UofSC), Columbia, SC
- 2013-2019: College of Arts & Sciences Distinguished Professor, Department of Mathematics, UofSC
- 2003-2009: Professor, Department of Mathematics, Florida State University (FSU), Tallahassee, FL
- 2001-2003: Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, FSU
- 1991-2001: Assistant, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), Indiana
- 1/1990-4/1990: Research Associate, CNLS, Los Alamos National Lab (LANL), New Mexico
- Finite Mathematics
- Brief Survey of Calculus I
- Algebra & Trigonometry I, II
- Calculus for Technology I, II
- Integrated Calculus & Analytical Geometry I, II
- Calculus I & II, & Multivariate Calculus
- Linear Algebra & Differential Equations
- Ordinary Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- Ordinary differential equations
- Discrete Mathematics
- Engineering Mathematics I, II
- Elementary Partial Differential Equations I, II
- Linear Algebra with Applications
- Vector Calculus
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning—Theory, Numerics and Applications
- Partial Differential Equations I, II
- Applied Mathematics Methods I, II
- Computational Methods I, II
- Computational Methods for Partial Differential Equations I, II
- Boundary Value Problems for Partial Differential Equations
- Qualitative Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations
- Mathematical Modeling
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Wave propagation (linear and nonlinear waves)
- Modeling of Complex Fluids
- Advanced Topics in Applied and Computational Mathematics I & II
- Modeling and Computation of Complex Biological systems I & II
- Numerical Methods for Differential Equations I, II
Applied and computational mathematics and interdisciplinary studies related to the following areas:
- Modeling and Computation of Soft Matter/Complex Fluids/Complex Biological Systems, Fluid Mechanics and Rheology of Complex Fluids
- Non-equilibrium Theories for Complex Systems in Multiple Scales (Kinetic and Continuum Mechanics Theories)
- Applied Analysis
- Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equation Systems and High Performance Computing
- Data Science and Machine Learning in Materials and Life Sciences
(Selected from 2017-2019)
- Jun Li, Jia Zhao and Qi Wang. “Structure Preserving Numerical Approximations of Thermodynamically Consistent Crystal Growth Models.” Journal of Computational Physics, 382 (2019), 202-220.
- Xiaobo Jing, Xiangya Huang, Markus Haapasalo, Ya Shen and Qi Wang, “Modeling Oral Multispecies Biofilm Recovery after Antibacterial Treatment”, Scientific Reports. 9 (2019), 804.
- Shouwen Sun, Xiaobo Jing and Qi Wang, “Error Estimates of Energy Stable Numerical Schemes for Allen-Cahn Equations with Nonlocal Constraints.” Journal of Scientific Computing, Volume 79(1) (2019), 593–623.
- Xiaogang Yang, Jun Li, Yuezheng Gong, Robert S. Eisenberg, Qi Wang, “Quasi-compressible Ionic Fluid Models”, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 273 (2019), pp. 677-691.
- Yuezheng gong, Jia Zhao, and Qi Wang, “Second Order Fully-Discrete Energy Stable Methods on Staggered Grids for Hydrodynamic Phase Field Models of Binary Viscous Fluids”, Siam Journal on Scientific Computing, 40:2, B528-B553 (2018).
- Jia Zhao, Xiaofeng Yang, Yuezheng Gong, Xueping Zhao, Jun Li, Xiaogang Yang and Qi Wang, “A General Strategy for Numerical Approximations of Thermodynamically Consistent Nonequilibrium Models--Part I: Thermodynamical Systems”, International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, 15(16) (2018), pp 884-918.
- Xiaogang Yang, Yuezheng Gong, Jun Li, Jia Zhao, and Qi Wang, “Comparison of Hydrodynamic Phase Field Models for Binary Fluid Mixtures”, Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, 32(5) (2018), pp 537-560.
- Yuezheng Gong, Jia Zhao, and Qi Wang, “Linear Second Order in Time Energy Stable Schemes for Hydrodynamic Models of Binary Mixtures Based on a Spatially Pseudospectral Approximation”，Advances in Computational Mathematics, 44 (5) (2018), pp.1573-1600.
- Yuezheng Gong, Jia Zhao, Xiaogang Yang and Qi Wang, “Second-order Linear Schemes for Hydrodynamic Phase Field Models of Binary Viscous Fluids with Variable Densities,” Siam Journal on Scientific Computing, 40-1 (2018), pp. B138-B167.
- Jia Zhao and Qi Wang, “3-D Numerical Simulations of Biofilm Dynamics with Quorum Sensing in a Flow Cell,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 79(4) (2017), pp. 884-919.
- Yi Sun and Qi Wang, “In-Silico Analysis on 3D Biofabrication using Kinetic Monte Carlo Simulations,” Advances in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2(5) (2017), pp. 00045.
- E. A. Bulanova, E. V. Koudan, J. Degosserie, C. Heymans, F. D. Pereira, V. A. Parfenov, Yi Sun, Qi Wang, S. A. Akhmedova , N. S. Sergeeva, G. A. Frank, Y. D. Khesuani, C. E. Pierreux, V. A. Mironov. “Bioprinting of functional vascularized mouse thyroid gland construct,” Biofabrication, 2017, 9(3), 034105.
- Yuezheng Gong, Jia Zhao, and Qi Wang, “An Energy Stable Algorithm for the Quasi-incompressible Hydrodynamic Model of Viscous Fluid Mixtures,” Computer Physics Communications, 219 (2017), pp. 20-34.
- Xiaofeng Yang, Jia Zhao, and Qi Wang, “Linear and Unconditionally Energy Stable Schemes for Molecular Beam Epitaxial Growth Model Based on Invariant Energy Quadratization Methods,” Journal of Computational Physics, 333 (2017), pp. 104-127.
- Jia Zhao, Xiaofeng Yang, Yuezheng Gong, and Qi Wang, “A Novel Linear Second Order Unconditionally Energy-stable Scheme for a Hydrodynamic Q-tensor Model of Liquid Crystals,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 318 (2017), pp. 803-825.
- Xiaogang Yang and Qi Wang, “Structures and basic patterns in cavity flows of active liquid crystals”. Computers and Fluids, 155 (2017), pp. 33-49.
- Xiaofeng Yang, Jia Zhao, Qi Wang, Jie Shen, “Numerical Approximations for a three-component Cahn-Hilliard phase-field Model based on the Invariant Energy Quadratization method”, Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, 27(11) (2017), pp. 1993-2030.
- Yuezheng Gong, Qi Wang, and Zhu Wang, “Structure-Preserving Galerkin POD Reduced-Order Modeling of Hamiltonian Systems”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 315 (2017), pp. 780-798.
- Xiaofeng Yang, Jia Zhao, and Qi Wang, “Numerical Approximations for a phase field dendritic Growth Model Based on the Invariant Energy Quadratization Approach,” International journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 110(3) (2017), pp. 279–300.
- Jia Zhao, Huiyuan Li, Qi Wang, and Xiaofeng Yang, “A Linearly Decoupled Energy Stable Scheme for Phase Field Models of Three-phase Incompressible Viscous Fluid Flows”, Journal of Scientific Computing, 70(3) (2017), 1367-1389.
- Jia Zhao, Tianyu Zhang, and Qi Wang, “Treatment of Biofilms by Nanotechnology and Applications to Food Science,” NANOTECHNOLOGY IN AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SCIENCES, edited by, Monique A. V. Axelos and Marcel Van de Voorde, Wiley-VCH, 2017.
- Yuezheng Gong, Qi Wang, Yushun Wang, Jiaxiang Cai, “A conservative Fourier pseudospectral method for the nonlinear Schrodinger equation”, Journal of Computational Physics, 328 (2017), pp. 354–370.