Department of Mathematics
College of Arts and Sciences
|Office Hours:||TR 1:00-3:00|
Curriculum Vitae [pdf]
Department of Mathematics
|Carnegie Mellon University, PA||Mathematics||PhD, 1989|
|Carnegie Mellon University, PA||Applied Mathematics||M.S., 1986|
|Bowling Green State University, OH||Mathematics (Honors) & Computer Science||B.S.(dual), 1984|
|1997-present||Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of South Carolina-Columbia
(also Member, Industrial Math Inst and Assoc Faculty, School of Earth, Ocean, and Envir)
|2016-2017||Associate Dean for Instruction, Curriculum, and Assessment, Arts and Sciences, USC|
|2001-2015||Undergraduate Director, Department of Mathematics, USC|
|1991-1997||Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, USC|
|1989-1991||Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Purdue University, IN|
|1984-1989||Lecturer/Teaching Assistant, Department of Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon Univ., PA|
MATH 122: Calculus for Business Administration and Life Sciences
MATH 141: Calculus I
MATH 142: Calculus II
STAT 201: Elementary Statistics
MATH 221: Basic Concepts of Elementary Mathematics
MATH 241: Calculus III / Multivariate Calculus
MATH 242: Elementary Differential Equations
MATH 300: Transitions to Advanced Mathematics
SCHC 390: ProSeminar
SCHC 499: Senior Thesis / Project
MATH 511: Probability and Statistics
MATH 520: Differential Equations
MATH 521: Boundary Value Problems and Partial Differential Equations
MATH 524: Nonlinear Optimization
MATH 524: Finite Element Methods for PDEs
MATH 526: Numerical Linear Algebra
MATH 544: Linear Algebra
MATH 550: Vector Calculus
MATH 552: Complex Analysis
MATH 554: Real Analysis
MATH 706: Numerical Linear Algebra
MATH 720: Applied Mathematics I
MATH 721: Applied Mathematics II
MATH 726: Numerical Analysis I
MATH 798: Directed Readings and Research
MATH 799: Thesis Preparation
- William E. Boyce, Richard C. DiPrima, and D. B. Meade, Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems, 12th ed,, John Wiley & Sons, 2021, ISBN: 978-1-119-77767-0
- Wei-Chi Yang and D. B. Meade, Locus Problems Related to Linear Combinations of Vectors, Research Journal for Mathematics and Technology (RJMT) vol 8, issue 2, 22 pgs, ISSN 2163-0380, December 2019.
- William E. Boyce, Richard C. DiPrima, and D. B. Meade, Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems, 11th ed,, John Wiley & Sons, 2017, ISBN: 978-1-119-32063-0
- B. Meade and Philip B. Yasskin, Maplets for Calculus (v. 1.3), a collection of 129 maplets (Maple-based applets) for instructor and student use in single-variable calculus, 2005—2015. Version 1.4 with 201 maplets and grading capabilities is scheduled for release later in 2017.
- B. Meade and Wei-Chi Yang, Analytic, Geometric, and Numeric Analysis of the Shrinking Circle and Sphere Problems, Electronic Journal for Mathematics and Technology (EJMT), 1(1), 40--54, ISSN 1933-2823, Feb 2007. Supplemental materials available at http://www.math.sc.edu/~meade/EJMT-Shrink/.
- B. Meade, Maple and Its Role in the Development of a Mathematician, in Proceedings of the 2004 Maple Summer Workshop, Wilfred Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (July 2004), Robert Lopez, ed. Electronic distribution by Waterloo Maple Inc. http://www.maplesoft.com/. Also available online at http://www.math.sc.edu/~meade/msw2004/msw2004proc.pdf.
- B. Meade, Maple 8 and Maplets: A New Way to Use Computer Algebra in the Classroom in Electronic Proceedings for Using Technology to Teach Mathematics and Science, CUNY – Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York (November 2002). Available online: https://web.archive.org/web/20100116034533/http://www.bmcc.cuny.edu/mathsci/2002/presentations/meade.html.
- Donald Allen, Jim Herod, Mark Holmes, Vince Ervin, Robert Lopez, Joe Marlin, D. B. Meade, and David Sanchez, Strategies and Guidelines for Using a Computer Algebra System in the Classroom, Int. J. Engng. Ed. 15(6) 1999, pp. 411—416.