The Human Resources Office of International Services (HR-OIS) advises university departments preparing to welcome non-U.S. citizen faculty, research staff, affiliates and sponsored visitors. We provide a wide range of services to support the employment-based or exchange-based U.S. immigration process.
Please contact HR-OIS in advance with the following information:
- The prospective scholar's full name, contact information (phone and email), and CV.
- Name and contact information of faculty supervisor/associate.
- Purpose of proposed activities (teaching, research, sabbatical collaboration, conference, colloquium, consultation, etc.)
- For tenure-track faculty, please contact HR-OIS prior to placing position advertisements and review Guidance and Templates for Tenure-Track Faculty Searches,
- For professional and clinical track faculty, please review Guidance for Recruiting Professional and Clinical Track Faculty [pdf].
- For researchers, please refer to:
- For short-term visitors (e.g., guest speaker, conference attendee, etc.), please review Guidance for Hosting International Visitors.
- Memo regarding the transitional period for Exchange Visitor Program from HR-OIS to Global Carolina with a Guide to EVP Sponsorship Services.
Due to varying processing timelines at federal agencies, for best results, please contact the HR Office of International Services at least 6 months prior to the desired start date.
Will the scholar come to a USC campus, or participate in activity elsewhere, such as an off-site conference, U.S. National Labs, etc.? Please include all proposed sites of activity.
Does the department plan to pay salary, honorarium, travel-related/per diem expenses or a consulting fee? If so, how much, for what purpose and for what length of time? If not, describe the source and amount of the scholar's support.