Dr. Joynelle Rivers, 803-777-2806
Check out the Magellan Scholar program. The program is designed to:
- Fund student research projects
- Projects are worked on with a faculty mentor
- Provides up to $3000 for salary, materials, and/or travel
The Study Abroad website contains all the information about opportunities for students to study abroad.
Students pursuing GLD must have extensive beyond the classroom experiences in a community service, global learning, professional and civic engagement, or research pathway. They must also have taken part in enhancement activities (lectures, workshops, events) and have taken approved courses relating to their GLD pathway. Students earning GLD also complete a public presentation (Discovery Day) and produce an E-Portfolio demonstrating their learning in their pathway. The first step in pursuing Graduation with Leadership Distinction is completing the GLD Orientation.
- Student Nurses Association (SNA):open for membership to any undergraduate nursing student
- Chi Eta Phi: a service organization open to registered nurses and nursing students
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing (AAMA): open for membership to any undergraduate nursing student; organization advocates for men in the nursing profession as well as nursing students' participation in pre-professional organizations
- Sigma Theta Tau, International - Alpha Xi Chapter: membership in Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society in Nursing is offered to second semester junior undergraduate students who demonstrate academic excellence in the nursing program, leadership in community service and a potential for scholarly excellence
Graduation information will come from the University Commencement site. Nursing Convocation information will be distributed by the Office of Academic Affairs through the USC Blackboard site.
The USC Career Center houses all information regarding internships and externships at the University.
The USC Student Portal contains a wealth of information about navigating the University system.
- Student Success Center: A comprehensive one-stop-shop for academic support services on campus. All programs and initiatives are free to undergraduate students at USC.
- Counseling Services: Maintaining your mental health during this vital time of your life is of the utmost importance in sustaining your academic performance and successes here at the University of South Carolina.
- Campus Wellness: Your physical and mental health has a strong influence on your academic success! The mission of Campus Wellness is to encourage and support healthy lifestyles for all members of the USC community.
- Leadership Development: We believe everyone has the potential to be a leader. The Leadership and Service Center provides programs and tools to help you unlock your leadership potential!