We are expanding our faculty at the University of South Carolina College of Nursing exemplifying the modernization of our entire college as we continue our transformational journey of distinction, leadership and impact. Due to new initiatives, expanding initiatives, and an impressive increase in graduate student enrollment, the demand for new faculty at the college has increased exponentially.
We need dynamic leaders to fill these newly created positions.
- In the last five years, we have nearly doubled our faculty, but we still have a great need.
- As a long standing and top-ranked university and college, we have an established infrastructure to provide support and mentoring for new faculty.
Why it matters: Home to more than 200 years of history and tradition, the University of South Carolina is the state’s flagship institution dedicated to serving all of its citizenry. USC is one of a few public institutions listed by the Carnegie Foundation in the highest tier of research universities in the United States.
The College of Nursing is located on the USC campus and adjacent to the grounds of the state capital in Columbia, SC.
- Columbia enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine annually and has ready access to both beaches and mountains.
- It hosts historical and cultural attractions, festivals, performing arts, and sporting events, and has parks and outdoor recreation including the Congaree National Park and 50,000 acre Lake Murray.
The College of Nursing is one of five health science colleges and schools at the university, providing opportunities for dynamic and productive inter-professional research collaborations.
- The college offers a range of fully accredited academic options including BSN, MSN, DNP and PhD programs.
- College of Nursing graduates have a significant impact on health care across South Carolina as well as in national and international venues.
The College of Nursing has a dynamic and rapidly developing faculty-driven research enterprise. Office of Research provides a strong research support infrastructure.
- An Associate Dean for Research provides oversight for the Office of Research and research faculty mentorship.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and supportive team, we invite you to consider the exciting employment opportunities at the University of South Carolina.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.