Current Openings - all positions are onsite
Department Chair Position
- Provide visionary leadership with future-oriented thinking about the direction of Biobehavioral Health and Nursing Science department and the College of Nursing.
- Serve as a role model for department faculty while developing and maintaining a positive and productive work environment that promotes excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Lead and collaborate with faculty in supporting the faculty development opportunities within the department, such as writing groups, mentoring groups, etc., and mentor faculty on promotion and career progression. Mentor faculty in proposing and conducting biobehavioral research in nursing science.
Clinical Assistant, Clinical Associate, or Clinical Professor Faculty Positions
- Provide visionary leadership about the direction of the Nurse-Midwifery program, overseeing the program’s day-to-day operations.
- Serves as a resource and leader to faculty and students within the program.
- Serves as a leader in recruitment and retention efforts, providing expertise of program knowledge.
- Serves on the admission review committee for students applying to the program.
- Participates in the planning, implementing, and evaluating of new student orientation.
- Work with Student Affairs Coordinators to ensure appropriate academic advising, development, and implementation of individualized programs of study, progression, and graduation.
- Monitor national trends and standards for specialty area practice and practice guidelines, relating these to curriculum and ensuring that the curriculum and procedures are aligned with these standards. Communicate changes and trends with the CON faculty and Executive Associate Dean for Academics and Accreditation.
- Ensure program compliance with college, university, American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), South Carolina Board of Nursing, or other professional organization standards as appropriate for the specialty.
The faculty member would provide didactic and clinical instruction for undergraduate and graduate nursing courses. In addition to teaching, the position includes opportunities for clinical practice and research/scholarship activities. Faculty appointment and salary are commensurate with the level of clinical practice, teaching, and scholarship experience of the candidate. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge or experience teaching family nurse practitioner nursing.
The faculty member would provide didactic and clinical instruction for undergraduate and graduate nursing courses. In addition to teaching, the position includes opportunities for clinical practice and research/scholarship activities. Faculty appointment and salary are commensurate with the level of clinical practice, teaching, and scholarship experience of the candidate.
he University of South Carolina, College of Nursing (CON) is seeking a qualified candidate eligible for the rank of Associate Professor to fill a 30% role as Research and Scholarship Practice Partnerships Liaison and 70% role as faculty. The faculty member would provide didactic and clinical instruction for undergraduate and graduate nursing courses.
Research/Tenure Track Faculty Positions
Specific responsibilities include: mentoring faculty (especially early career faculty) on research career issues; assist with the development of the biobehavioral laboratory and supervision of the manager of the laboratory; evaluating research center opportunities; fostering collaborative, interdisciplinary research between departments and between the College of Nursing(CON) and others at the University of South Carolina; working with the Associate Dean for Research and Assistant Dean for Finance and Operations on all aspects of research administration including compliance and financial issues; work with the Assistant Dean for Finance and Operations to create research financial projections for laboratory management and planning purposes; implementing research as outlined the CON’s strategic plan; working with other core facilities and laboratories. Full job description here.
The Arnold School of Public Health (ASPH) and the College of Nursing (CON) at the University of South Carolina (USC) invite applications for ten tenure-track faculty positions as part of the inaugural NIH-funded USC FIRST FIIRRE program. The multi- year NIH FIRST (Faculty Institutional Recruitment for Sustainable Transformation) initiative intends to enhance inclusive excellence at competitively determined institutions across the United States. In the context of USC’s strategic plan, the FIRST FIIRRE (Faculty Initiative for Improved Recruitment, Retention, and Experience) team has developed a tailored strategy to achieve significant and sustainable institutional culture change by implementing institutional programs and practices that support inclusive excellence. As part of the FIRST FIIRRE cluster recruitment, USC seeks diverse candidates from all areas of public health and nursing who (1) have a research focus on health disparities or inequities within their respective discipline, (2) have a strong record of promoting diversity and inclusive excellence, and (3) have not previously held a tenure-track position. Full job description here
We are seeking an outstanding nurse scientist for the position of Dunn- Shealy Endowed Professor of Nursing. The Endowed Chair will lead/expand development of cancer/oncology research in the College of Nursing. The Chair has endowment support and a generous start-up package, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with other researchers in the established centers in the University and our partners. Full job description here
The University of South Carolina College of Nursing is seeking an outstanding nurse scientist for the position of Health Sciences Endowed Professor of Nursing. The Endowed Chair will lead/expand development of research in the College of Nursing. The Chair has significant endowment support and will have the opportunity to collaborate with other researchers in the established centers in the University and our partners. Full job description here
As part of the new Bridge to Faculty Program at the University of South Carolina, the Department of Biobehavioral Health and Nursing Science seeks a Faculty Fellow in the field of nursing science to begin in Fall 2024. This two-year program is intended to lead to a tenure-track position in the Department. Full job description here
We are seeking a qualified candidate eligible for the rank of Research Assistant or Associate Professor-Biostatistician to fill a full-time academic teaching position. The position will primarily involve collaborative interactions within the College of Nursing to develop federal grant proposals and advance statistical methodology within nursing/health sciences and biobehavioral research. Competitive candidates will have expertise to contribute to the design and analyses of randomized controlled trials, observational studies, and secondary analyses of national data sets. We also strongly encourage applications from individuals with methodologic expertise in ‘-omics’ approaches, predictive analytics, spatial data analysis or other approaches that utilize big data. Full job description here