The University of South Carolina College of Nursing offers graduate programs in the following advance practice nursing and leadership specialties:
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Family (PMHNP-Family)
- Online MSN in Nursing Administration
Master's programs are offered online, with students in advance practice program specialties required to come to campus twice a semester.
The master's degree in nursing and post-graduate APRN certificate at The University of South Carolina are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
All programs provide eligibility to apply for national certification exams such as FNP, AGACNP, PMHNP-Family or in Nursing Administration.
Plans of Study
The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner prepares the nurse to provide health care services to acutely ill adults and gerontology patients with complex health problems.
The Family Nurse Practitioner prepares the nurse to provide primary health care across the lifespan.
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Family program prepares the nurse to provide psychiatric mental health services to clients/patients across the lifespan in various settings.
The Organizational Leadership program prepares nurses to be key leaders in health organizations.
- Complete the approved program of study
- Complete a three-hour applied research course (NURS791) or a six-hour thesis course (NURS799)
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, with grades of at least 3.0 in all program of study courses and all 700-level courses
- Complete the program within six years
- Pass the MSN Comprehensive Assessment
Contact the Nursing Graduate Studies Office
Have additional questions about Master's programs? Call us at 803-777-6185, email an adviser today, or stop by our office:
Williams-Brice Building, Room 217
1601 Greene Street
Columbia, SC 29208