The College of Nursing (CON) requires that all undergraduate students take their exams using a product called Examplify by ExamSoft. Examplify provides a more secure offline testing environment that makes it easier for both faculty members and students.
Students are required to download the Examplify software. Using this app, students will be able to download exams to take on exam day. Students will be required to download the exam prior to coming to class on the day of the exam. Internet access is required to download and upload tests.
The College of Nursing currently recommends only laptops be used with Examplify.
What to Expect and Helpful Information
To prepare you for a smooth testing experience, we ask that you read all of the information:
- All undergraduate students at the CON must have a laptop that meets the minumum computer standards.
- Download and install Examplify on your laptop. Make sure to always have the latest version installed.
- Institution ID: University of South Carolina (SC)
- Login Using: email@example.com
- At the beginning of each semester take a mock exam using Examplify.
- Download the exam during the dowload period. Exam downloads will cutoff prior to the scheduled exam time.
- Make sure your device is adequately charged before going to take your exam.
- Before the scheduled exam time verify that you have the correct exam downloaded.
- If you have not restarted your computer prior to taking your exam, doing so could help mitigate any potential problems that you may encounter.
- Save and close any additional programs that you may have been working in before taking the exam.
- Some Antivirus programs will interfere with Examplify, please disable your antivirus before an exam and re-enable it after.
- You will be provided with a password by your instructor or proctor before starting the exam.
- There are time limits set for your exam to be completed.
- Once you have exited the exam, Examplify will attempt to automatically upload your exam. Internet connectivity is usually the issue, check that your wifi has re-enabled.
- Rebooting your machine will not remove your completed exam, if you run into issues uploading.
- You may be asked to present your USCID as well as show your laptop screen to confirm that the exam was uploaded succesfully.
- Quick Start Guide
- Getting Started with Examplify
- Examsoft University
- Taking an Exam
- Starting and Uploading a Mock Exam
- Dealing with Known Issues
- Registration Instructions for Returning Users
- Troubleshooting Guide
Examplify (Examsoft) Support
If you are having issues with your Examplify software of the Examsoft portal, students can reach Examsoft by telephone at 866-429-8889 for the fastest support.
College of Nursing IT
The College of Nursing Information Technology office is located in the Williams Brice Building 315. You can reach us at 803-777-1213.