Our Honors Ambassador team consists of approximately 17 members during the academic year. Time commitments vary, but generally do not exceed three hours a week. Honors Ambassadors attend biweekly meetings for ongoing training and professional development.
Honors Ambassadors in Action
- Ambassadors assist with information sessions—large presentations—where they present to prospective students and share about their experiences in the Honors College.
- Ambassadors represent the Honors College at recruitment events (Meet the SCHC, Open Houses, etc.) and assist with outreach efforts to prospective students and their parents.
- Additional responsibilities may include attending alumni receptions, meeting with visitors, responding to inquiries from prospective students, recruiting new Honors Ambassadors and other duties as assigned.
Eligibility and Expectations
- Applicants must have completed at least one semester in the Honors College prior to the Spring 2020 start date and must be in good standing.
- Ambassadors are expected to be available for biweekly meetings for ongoing training and professional development. Applicants must be available on Fridays from 2:30-4:00 PM.
- For Spring 2020, Ambassadors are expected to commit to weekly information sessions
on Monday and Friday mornings. Ambassadors will need to be available for ONE of the
following time blocks:
- Mondays | 9:45 - 11:15 AM
- Mondays | 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Fridays | 9:45 - 11:15 AM
- Fridays | 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
The application to be an Honors Ambassador is due by midnight on Sunday, November 17, 2019, for positions starting in Spring 2020. We are looking to fill 3+ positions. Unfortunately, we are not able to consider applicants who are graduating in Spring 2020.
When reviewing applicants, we first consider the make-up of our current team of Ambassadors and then seek to add new Ambassadors who complement the availability of our team as well as the majors that we have represented. Our goal is to have a well-rounded group of Ambassadors who can speak to many aspects of the student experience.
We will notify applicants via email if they are selected for an interview.