Our Honors Ambassador team consists of approximately 16 members during the academic year. Time commitments vary, but generally do not exceed three hours a week. Honors Ambassadors attend biweekly meetings for ongoing training and professional development.
Honors Ambassadors in Action
- Ambassadors assist with information sessions where they present to prospective students and share about their experiences in the Honors College.
- Ambassadors represent the Honors College at recruitment events (Meet the SCHC, Open Houses, etc.) and assist with outreach efforts to prospective students and their parents.
- Additional responsibilities may include meeting with visitors, responding to inquiries from prospective students, recruiting new Honors Ambassadors and other duties as assigned.
Eligibility and Expectations
- Applicants must have completed at least one semester in the Honors College prior to the application deadline and must be in good standing.
- Unfortunately, we will not able to consider applicants who are graduating in December 2021.
- Ambassadors are expected to be available for biweekly meetings for ongoing training and professional development. Applicants must be available on Fridays from 2:30 - 4 p.m.
Factors in Consideration
When reviewing applicants, we first consider the make-up of our current team of Ambassadors and then seek to add new Ambassadors who complement the availability of our team as well as the majors and experiences that we have represented. Our goal is to have a well-rounded group of Ambassadors who can speak to many aspects of the student experience and the diversity that exists within the Honors College.
Students of all majors and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. In this application cycle, we are particularly interested in students of diverse races, ethnicities, and geographic areas as well as students in the following areas: BARSC or BARSC-MD majors, Pre-Law, and students in the College of Engineering and Computing or the College of Information and Communications. Let us know how you are diverse and what you can contribute to our team!
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall ’21 positions. Please check back in the future!