Advising for Fall 2019
It's time to sign up for registration for Fall 2019.
Remember that you will be seeing both an Honors advisor who will register you for your Honors classes and your major advisor who will clear you so you can register yourself for your non-Honors classes. It is imperative that you see both advisors otherwise you will not be able to take advantage of priority registration.
Honors Advisement/Course Registration is conducted by USC entry year date:
- Entry year 2016: Any open day between February 25 - March 5
- Entry year 2017: Any open day between March 6 - 26
- Entry year 2018: Any open day between March 28 - April 5
Students are expected to sign up with their assigned advisor. If you cannot find an available time slot with your advisor due to your class schedule, please contact your advisor in order to work out an available time.
Priority registration for non-Honors courses will begin on April 8. Please check my.sc.edu for your registration time.
Prepare for Your Appointment
- Familiarize yourself with the degree requirements and course offerings of both the Honors College and the university.
- View the the status of your major requirements in Degree Works.
- Use Schedule Planner to create a tentative schedule and bring it with you to the appointment. See the Honors courses here.
Specialized Major-specific Advising Workshops
In the weeks leading up to Honors advising, workshops are offered for specific majors. Make the most of your official advising appointment by receiving preliminary guidance from a faculty advisor, Honors advisor and fellow students. Discuss Honors classes, major classes, Beyond the Classroom and more.