|SPRING 2022 HONORS ADVISEMENT SCHEDULE||DATES|
Collegiate entry year 2019 and prior
|FEBRUARY 21 – MARCH 2|
Collegiate entry year 2020
MARCH 3 - MARCH 4; MARCH 14 - MARCH 21
*No advising during Spring Break
Collegiate entry year 2021
|MARCH 22 - APRIL 1|
Honors advisement and course registration for honors courses is by collegiate entry year. You will receive an email from your Honors advisor to schedule an appointment using Navigate. This appointment is to register for Honors courses and review your Honors progression. If you are a graduating senior, your Honors advisor will complete a senior check.
At the same time, your Undergraduate Academic Advisor/Major Advisor will contact you to schedule an advising appointment through Navigate. This appointment is to review courses needed for your academic major. Your Undergraduate Academic Advisor/Major Advisor will lift your advising hold so you can register for non-Honors classes during priority registration week.
It is imperative that you see both advisors otherwise you will not be able to take advantage of priority registration. If you are away from campus completing a co-op, internship or study away program, contact both advisors to discuss courses for the upcoming semester.
Click here for details on how to prepare for your Honors advisement appointment.
Scheduling an Appointment with your Honors Advisor
Honors Advising Appointments will be held virtually through Microsoft Teams until further notice. To schedule an appointment with your Honors advisor outside of formal Honors advising periods, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to EAB Navigate and select “Make an Appointment” in the upper right corner.
2. On the “New Appointment” screen, make the following selections and then click “Find Available Time”:
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule? > Honors College Advising
- Service > Honors Advising
3. On the next screen, when the calendar options appear, select the name of your assigned Honors Advisor under “Staff” on the left-hand navigation bar. This will pull up the available appointment times for your Assigned Honors Advisor only.
4. Select a time for your appointment from the available calendar options.
5. A confirmation screen will appear. Select Confirm Appointment at the bottom right corner of the screen to confirm. Once complete, you will receive a confirmation message to your UofSC email account.
Course Override Policy
An override is a special clearance that grants students the ability to register for an Honors College class that has already reached its stated capacity. We offer these for both Honors students, an non-Honors students.