Friday, April 24, 2020
- 9:00 AM -12:15 PM: Panel Presentations
- 1:00 - 4:30 PM: Panel Presentations
- 5:00 - 6:00 PM: Thesis Reception
The Honors Thesis Symposium will be comprised of 1.5 hour student panels, organized by theme, with 10-15 minute student thesis presentations.
The Honors Thesis Symposium is an opportunity to present your thesis research to a public audience and network with peers and faculty.
Your participation and your thesis work will be highlighted on the Honors College website, social media and promotional materials.
The symposium presentation can be used in lieu of your thesis defense as long as the presentation complies with the required stipulations (see next question).
In order for your symposium presentation to be an acceptable substitute for the senior thesis defense, you must:
- have permission from your Thesis Director
- your Thesis Director and Second Reader must be in attendance at your symposium presentation
- have a follow-up meeting with your Thesis Director and Second Reader after the panel presentation to privately discuss thesis paper – a room will be provided in Russell House immediately following the panel for this conversation or participants can schedule this meeting for an alternative time and place of choosing
A committee with review all proposals and organize panels based on possible thematic connections between presentations. The committee will assign panel times based on availability/preference for AM or PM sessions as indicated on the application. Upon selection, you will be contacted by the Senior Thesis Coordinator to confirm availability for the assigned panel time.
Yes, we hope you will invite as many guests to the symposium as you wish! The Honors Thesis Symposium is a free non-ticketed event and all friends, family and colleagues are welcome to attend.