Submit an Article
All E-Source articles should be submitted online.
Suggested Topics for Articles
E-Source for College Transitions is a resource for practical strategies that support student learning and success. Articles on a variety of topics related to student transitions are welcome, including those focusing on:
- College transition issues
- Innovative and creative strategies to support student learning, development, and success
- Organizational structures and institutional resources for supporting college success
- Reviews of books and other resources supporting the work of student success practitioners
Length and Style
Original feature-length articles should be 1,000-1,500 words. The editor reserves
the right to edit submissions for length. Articles, tables, figures, and references
should adhere to American Psychological Association (APA) style.
Suggested Article Outline
Many of the topics addressed in E-Source lend themselves to a similar approach. The outline below offers guidance on how to structure an article.
- What is the problem or issue?
- How does it impact student success?
- How did you address it? Identify strategies used to deal with the problem.
- How did the strategy work? Report assessment results.
- What are the implications for the future? What revisions will you make to the strategies based on assessment results, and how can other campuses adapt them for different populations or context?
Reviews of new resources should include full citation information, URL (if applicable), and price (if applicable). Description of the resource should be balanced by a discussion of implications for shaping student success practice in higher education.
Articles shall not have been registered for copyright or published elsewhere prior
to publication in E-Source. Photographs are welcome and must be accompanied by a written
release from the photographer or copyright owner, giving the National Resource Center
permission to publish the images.
E-Source Production Schedule
|Issue Date||Submission Deadline (for consideration in this issue)||Publication Deadline (all requested edits must be completed)|
|March 2020||September 9, 2019||November 26, 2019|
|July 2020||January 13, 2020||April 3, 2020|
In June 2015, the National Resource Center established an editorial review board for
E-Source. Following an initial review by the editor, manuscripts deemed appropriate for potential
publication are forwarded to review board members, who make recommendations with respect
to acceptance and offer advice on revising the manuscript, if necessary. The time
from submission to initial disposition is typically less than eight weeks. Manuscripts
accepted for publication are typically published within six months of submission.
Submit an Article
E-Source manuscripts articles should be submitted as single Microsoft Word document with tables and figures embedded via MsTracker, our online submission portal.