Submit an Article
All E-Source articles should be submitted online.
Suggested Topics for Articles
The E-Source newsletter is a resource for practical strategies that support student learning and success. Articles on a variety of topics related to student transitions are welcome, including those focusing on:
- Strategies for addressing the first-year, sophomore, senior, and transfer transitions at different types of institutions
- Strategies for assessing student learning or experiences, programs, or courses
- Innovative teaching strategies
- Descriptions of institutional initiatives with demonstrated results
- Alternative funding sources for curricular initiatives, programs, and services
- Programs addressing the needs of special student populations (e.g., adult learners, ethnic and racial minority students, first-generation students, GLBT students)
- Short descriptions of new and relevant print and online resources
Original feature-length articles should be 750-1,200 words. Annotations of new resources
should be no more than 500 words. The editor reserves the right to edit submissions
Suggested Article Outline
Many of the topics addressed in E-Source lend themselves to a similar approach. The outline below offers guidance on how to structure an article.
- What is the problem or issue?
- How does it impact student success?
- How did you address it? Identify strategies used to deal with the problem.
- How did the strategy work? Report assessment results.
- What are the implications for the future? What revisions will you make to the strategies based on assessment results, and how can other campuses adapt them for different populations or context?
Articles shall not have been registered for copyright or published elsewhere prior
to publication in E-Source. Photographs are welcome and must be accompanied by a written
release from the photographer or copyright owner, giving the National Resource Center
permission to publish the images.
E-Source Production Schedule
|Issue Date||Submission Deadline (for consideration in this issue)||Publication Deadline (all requested edits must be completed)|
|March 2020||September 9, 2019||November 26, 2019|
|July 2020||January 13, 2020||April 3, 2020|
In June 2015, the National Resource Center established an editorial review board for
E-Source. Following an initial review by the editor, manuscripts deemed appropriate
for potential publication are forwarded to review board members, who make recommendations
with respect to acceptance and offer advice on revising the manuscript, if necessary.
The time from submission to initial disposition is typically less than eight weeks.
Manuscripts accepted for publication are typically published within six months of
Submit an Article
Effective July 15, 2016, all E-Source articles should be submitted online.