Nomination Deadline: October 14, 2020
Award recipients will have achieved great success in teaching first-year seminars
and continue to inspire student learning, development, and success.
What the Recipients Will Receive
- Complimentary registration to the Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience
- Recognition at the Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience, including the presentation of a plaque during the conference
- Recognition on the Center's web page, listservs (i.e., SOPH List, SYE List, TYE List, and GRAD), and social media channels
How We Select Recipients
The selection committee (not to include any representatives from the National Resource Center or sponsor) will include a national panel composed of members and former members of the National Advisory Board of the National Resource Center, past Excellence in Teaching award recipients, and other leaders in American higher education.
What is Required of the Application Process?
- Nominee's Philosophy of Teaching
- Nominee's Resume/CV
- Nominee's First-Year Seminar Syllabus
- Nominee's First-Year Seminar Teaching Evaluations
- Nominee's Personal Statement
- Nominee's Letter of Recommendation
- How the nominee develops success in the classroom and beyond
- How the nominee develops students' personal strategies
- How the nominee incorporates innovation in teaching
- One of the following:
- how the nominee develops critical and analytical thinking;
- how the nominee fosters student involvement in the community; or
- how the nominee supports effective utilization of campus resources.