Nomination submission has closed
Nominations will reopen Summer 2024
The purpose of the fellowship program is to advance the leadership skills and knowledge base of undergraduate students so that they may in turn use what they learn at the Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience to enhance and encourage first-year student development on their respective campuses.
What Fellowship Participants Receive
- Complimentary registration to the Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience, to include all conference sessions, meal functions, and preconference workshops (on a space-available basis)
- Hotel (room and tax) for up to four nights over the conference dates
- Recognition at the Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience, including the presentation of a plaque during the conference
- Recognition on the Center's web page, listservs (i.e., SOPH List, SYE List, TYE List, and GRAD), and social media channels
Who Should Submit an Application?
Jordan Smith Undergraduate Student Fellowships Program is open to all undergraduate students who are enrolled for the academic year in which the Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience occurs.
Previous winners of the fellowship are not eligible to apply. Applicants must be enrolled undergraduates during both the fall and spring semesters of the corresponding academic year. Fellowship recipients must be able to attend the Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience. Multiple students can be nominated from the same institution but if multiple students from the same institution are nominated and become finalists only one can receive the fellowship.
What is Required of the Application Process?
In order to be considered for the award, applicants must:
- Answer the provided questions in whole
- Attach a letter of nomination
- Attach an updated resume