Class Collaborate (formerly Blackboard Collaborate Ultra) is an all-in-one web conferencing platform that allows instructors to hold classes online in real time or record lectures or short videos to post to your course site.
- Class Collaborate User Interface Tour (Video) (YouTube 2:12)
- Class Collaborate - Blackboard (Bb) Help Article
- Class Collaborate - DoIT Knowledge Base Article
Class Collaborate Help
Adding Captions to Class Collaborate Recordings
- If a student registered with the Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) requires captioning during a live session, SDRC has a contract with a company to provide live captioning. If the session is recorded, the caption track is captured as part of the recording. Class Collaborate does not automatically closed caption a meeting. Live captioning means there is a person in the Class Collaborate meeting who provides closed captioning as the meeting is happening.
- If an instructor records a Class Collaborate session without a captioner or creates a recording of a demonstration outside of a regular class meeting, the recording can be captioned by the Office of Distributed Learning (ODL). The recording can be downloaded, and the MP4 recording can be captioned outside Blackboard. Courses that are supported by ODL or that have students registered with SDRC have priority for this service. Contact ODL for transcription and closed captioning service at ODLStudios@mailbox.sc.edu.
- If a Teams or Class Collaborate meeting is recorded, then the recorded video can be uploaded to Microsoft Stream. Automatic closed captions can be turned on in Streams for the video.