Grading is a process, beyond assigning a number or letter grade. It involves the setting of expectations through a grading policy, assignment or assessment design, determination of standards and criteria, calibrating those standards for consistency and fairness, and providing feedback, among many others. In addition to information on those topics, this web resource will provide instructors with guidance and suggestions on how to make your grading both more effective and efficient, use of rubrics, online grading issues, and other topics relevant to grading student work.
- UofSC Grading Standards and Guidelines
- What is a Grade?
- Before You Begin Grading
- Techniques for Making Grading Efficient While Remaining Objective
- Importance of Providing Meaningful Student Feedback
- Grading and Testing Online
- Improving Equity, Grade Challenges, and Late Work
- Instructors and Alternative Testing