Skip to Content
- Berry, Roger. March 2009. “Meeting the Challenges of Teaching Large Online Classes: Shifting to a Learner-Focus.” Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, Vol. 5 No. 1.
- Boulder, T. November 2018. “Strategies for Teaching Large Classes.” PennState Behrend Center for Teaching.
- Chen, B., deNoyelles, A., Patton, K., & Zydney, J. Creating a community of inquiry in large-enrollment online courses: An exploratory
study on the effect of protocols within online discussions. Online Learning 21(1), 165-188. doi: 10.24059/olj.v21i1.816
- Crosky, A. May 2011. “Using online environments for teaching large classes: Case study.” Learning to Teach Online. University of New South Wales COFA online.
- Darby, Flower. 2020. “How to Be a Better Online Teacher: Advice Guide” Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Elison-Bowers, P., Sand, J., Barlow, M. and Wing, T. March 2011. “Strategies for Managing Large Online Classes”. Boise State University ScholarWorks.
- “Examples of Classroom Assessment Techniques for Large Classes”, Penn State: Schreyer Institute.
- Hodges, C., Moore, S., Lockee, B. Trust, T., and Bond, A. March 2020. “The Difference Between Emergency Remote Teaching and Online Learning.” Educause Review.
- Kelly, Rob. March 2009. Tips for Teaching Large Classes Online. Faculty Focus by Magna Publications.
- Kelly, Rob. Dec. 2013. “Blended Learning: Integrating Online and Face-to-Face Courses.” Faculty Focus by Magna Publications.
- Lemke, D. Tips for Designing and Moderating Large-Enrollment Online Courses. Wiley Education Services.
- Miller, Michelle. March 2020. “Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start”. Chronicle of Higher Education.
- “Online Engagement Strategies for Large Classes” video, by Carolyn Massiah and Wendy Howard, University of Central Florida. (36 min.)
- “Teaching Large Classes Online” video, by Dr. Tena Crews (UofSC). October 2015. (62 min.)
- Large Classes: A Teaching Guide. University of Maryland, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Preparing to Teach a Large Online Course. Salter. A. (2015), Chronicle of Higher Education
- Using Debates to Teach Evidence-Based Practice in Large Online Courses, Journal article by faculty/staff from the College of Nursing: Mary Boyd, Beverly Baliko and Vera Polyakova-Norwood (2015), Journal of Nursing Education, 54(10), 578-582.
Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.