The Office of the Provost sponsors New Faculty Orientation (NFO) to help all new faculty make a smooth, enjoyable transition to the University. This welcome and orientation session is for all new full-time faculty: tenure-track, research, professional-track, instructors and lecturers.
Please contact the Center for Teaching Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions concerning 2024 New Faculty Orientation.
Adjunct Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Orientation is not for Adjunct Faculty. A special, virtual Adjunct Faculty Orientation will be held. Information will be made available later.
CTE Events Calendar
Remember to check the CTE Events Calendar for events that are facilitated by veteran faculty and allow participants to explore a broad range of topics important to both novice and veteran college teachers in a format designed to be highly interactive.
Instructional Design Support
CTE's Instructional Design team can help you prepare courses and will be happy to consult with you about selecting the best combination of tools, resources, and teaching practices to develop courses and course components for face-to-face, hybrid and fully online courses.
Our instructional design team can assist you in:
- Designing detailed and organized syllabi.
- Developing course outcomes and objectives for your students.
- Creating easy-to-navigate and accessible courses.
- Incorporating multiple methods to check student learning.
- identifying the instructional technologies that support your teaching style, course objectives and activities and enhance the learning experience for your students.
- Designing, developing and delivering online courses either in a fully online, blended, or hybrid format.
Whether starting a course from scratch, enhancing a current course or moving a course to online instruction, we can help.
To consult with a member of our instructional design team or learn more about our instructional design services, Schedule an Instructional Design Consultation.