Registration will open Summer 2020
The Institute on Sophomore Student Success originally scheduled for April 20-22, 2020 has been rescheduled in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel concerns.
The Institute on Sophomore Student Success will allow attendees the opportunity to examine trends and practices connected to building a comprehensive and intentional approach to ensure the success of sophomore students. Individual sessions are designed to build on one another so that participants leave with a personalized action plan for use on their home campuses. Institute faculty will employ group work, problem solving, case studies, discussion, and other active strategies to engage participants in learning.
- Defining the sophomore-year experience
- Understanding sophomore student needs and the factors that contribute to second-year success
- A comprehensive institutional approach to sophomore success, including curricular and cocurricular initiatives
- Strategizing to gain institutional support for sophomore programs
- Defining the role of faculty in sophomore student success
- Assessing second-year programs
Institute Faculty to Include
- Vanessa Harris, Claflin University
- Rebecca McQueen-Ruark, Kentucky Wesleyan College
- Molly Schaller, Saint Louis University
- Laurie Schreiner, Azusa Pacific University
- Dallin George Young, National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition, University of South Carolina
If you have any questions about the content of organization of this event, please contact the Conferences staff at email@example.com. Information about this Institute and other events sponsored by the Center can be found at www.sc.edu/fye.