The Institute on Sophomore Student Success will allow attendees the opportunity to examine trends and practices connected to building a comprehensive and intentional approach to ensure the success of sophomore students. Individual sessions are designed to build on one another so that participants leave with a personalized action plan for use on their home campuses. Institute faculty will employ group work, problem solving, case studies, discussion, and other active strategies to engage participants in learning.
- Defining the sophomore-year experience
- Understanding sophomore student needs and the factors that contribute to second-year success
- A comprehensive institutional approach to sophomore success, including curricular and cocurricular initiatives
- Strategizing to gain institutional support for sophomore programs
- Defining the role of faculty in sophomore student success
- Assessing second-year programs