Registration Deadline: May 30, 2019
Note: To receive the discounted rate for multiple participants from the same institution, the participants must be registered in the same transaction.
Institute faculty will build a framework where participants can engage in discussions with colleagues, examine trends and practices connected to first-year seminars, and identify new strategies to ensure the success of first-year students.
Individual sessions have been designed to build on one another so that participants leave with a personalized action plan for use on their home campuses. Modeling the active pedagogies we advocate for our classrooms, the institute faculty employ group work, problem solving, case studies, and other strategies to engage participants in learning.
We at the National Resource Center firmly believe that participants will find this
institute to be a rich and rewarding experience, whether their first-year program
is in its first year or its 30th.
- History and status of first-year seminars
- Institutionalizing and sustaining first-year seminars
- Assessing first-year seminars
- Implementing change as a result of assessment
- Establishing valuable partnerships across campus
- Practices to recruit, train, and retain faculty
- Focused teaching strategies
Institute Faculty to Include
- Stephanie Foote, The John N. Gardner Institute for Undergraduate Excellence
- Dan Friedman, University of South Carolina
- Brad Garner, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Jennifer Keup, National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition
- Julie McLaughlin, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
- Nirmal Trivedi, Kennesaw State University
If you have any questions about the content or organization of this event, please contact the Conferences staff at email@example.com.
Cancellations on or before May 30, 2019, will have the registration fee refunded less a $100 administrative fee. A written request for refunds is required. Absolutely no refunds will be made after May 30, 2019. Please email your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to guarantee your registration to the institute, your fee payment must be in our office no later than May 30, 2019.