Registration Deadline: July 22, 2019
Note: To receive the discounted rate for multiple participants from the same institution, the participants must be registered in the same transaction.
The institute will provide participants with information and effective strategies and concepts that positively impact peer leadership experiences and enhance program outcomes.
Individual sessions are designed to build on one another so that participants leave with a personalized action plan for use on their home campuses. Modeling the active pedagogies we advocate for our classrooms, the institute faculty employ group work, problem solving, case studies, discussion, and other active strategies to engage participants in learning.
We at the National Resource Center firmly believe that participants will find this
institute to be a rich and rewarding experience, whether your institution is already
involved in initiatives for peer educators or is currently designing and creating
University of South Carolina Alumni Center
900 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
- Benefits of peer leadership
- Engaging peer educators in leadership roles
- Methods of recruitment, selection, and training peer educators
- Developing and achieving program goals and objectives
- Designing effective training programs focused on student development
- Assessing peer educator programs
Institute Faculty to Include
- Bryce Bunting, Brigham Young University
- Tiffany Conde, University of South Carolina
- Mike Dial, University of South Carolina
- Amy Hughes Giard, University of Oregon
- Katharine Pei, Washington University in St. Louis
- Dallin George Young, National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition
If you have any questions about the content of organization of this event, please contact the Conferences staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about this institute and other events sponsored by the Center can be found at www.sc.edu/fye.
Cancellations on or before July 22, 2019, will have the registration fee refunded less a $100 administrative fee. A written request for refunds is required. Absolutely no refunds will be made after July 22, 2019. Please email your written request to email@example.com. In order to guarantee your registration to the institute, your fee payment must be in our office no later than July 22, 2019.