The Institute will provide participants with information and effective strategies and concepts that positively impact peer leadership experiences and enhance program outcomes.
Individual sessions are designed to build on one another so that participants leave with a personalized action plan for use on their home campuses. Modeling the active pedagogies we advocate for our classrooms, the Institute faculty employ group work, problem solving, case studies, discussion, and other active strategies to engage participants in learning.
We at the National Resource Center firmly believe that participants will find this
Institute to be a rich and rewarding experience, whether your institution is already
involved in initiatives for peer leaders or currently designing and creating new initiatives.
University of South Carolina Alumni Center
900 Senate St
Columbia, SC 29201
- benefits of peer leadership
- engaging peer leaders in leadership roles
- methods of recruitment, selection, and training peer leaders
- developing and achieving program goals and objectives
- designing effective training programs focused on student development
- assessing peer leader programs