Registration Deadline: April 14, 2020
The Institute on First-Year Student Success in the Community College will provide attendees the opportunity to discuss the current role of the community college in higher education and develop an action plan for creating or enhancing pathways to community college student success. Interactive sessions are designed with practical application in mind so that participants will be ready to implement strategic initiatives when they return to campus.
- The American community college today
- Understanding entering community college students
- What works in student retention at community colleges
- Academic advising/career development
- Effective transfer initiatives: Preparing students to move on
- Increasing the engagement, learning, and success of underprepared
- Assessing the first-year experience at community colleges
- Active learning strategies: A critical skill for success in the first year of college
Institute Faculty to Include
- Amy Baldwin, University of Central Arkansas
- Tony Davis, Montgomery County Community College
- Yancey Gulley, Western Carolina University
- Christina Hardin, University of Central Flordia
- Julie McLaughlin, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
If you have any questions about the content of organization of this event, please contact the Conferences staff at email@example.com. Information about this Institute and other events sponsored by the Center can be found at www.sc.edu/fye.
Cancellations on or before April 14, 2020, will have the registration fee refunded less a $100 administrative fee. A written request for refunds is required. Absolutely no refunds will be made after April 14, 2020. Please email your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to guarantee your registration to the institute, your fee payment must be in our office no later than April 14, 2020.