This includes, but is not limited to operations such as brazing, cutting, grinding,
soldering, thawing pipe, torch applied roofing and welding.
Permit Guidelines and Requirements
- The individual performing the hot work must provide 24 hours advance notice to USC Fire Safety.
- The employee performing the inspection of the worksite must ensure all safety precautions on the USC hot work permit are in compliance prior to the start of any hot work.
- Any item that does not meet the requirements for safety precautions of the USC hot work permit must be approved and signed by USC Fire Safety prior to the start of hot work.
- The employee performing the inspection of the required safety precautions must sign and post the permit at the jobsite for the duration of the hot work.
- Notify USC Fire Safety when the work is complete.
Contact USC Fire Safety at 803-777-5269.