Skip to Content

Academic Advising

Banner Image

Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management

Make an Appointment with Your Academic Advisor

Before registering for classes each semester, you must meet with your assigned academic advisor in the College of Hospitality, Retail, and Sport Management.


Commonly Asked Questions about Academic Advising in HRSM

WHO advises students in this college? 

Professional staff advise in this college. All incoming freshmen students are assigned to a first-year professional staff advisor.

HOW do I know who my HRSM advisor is? 

You can view your advisor’s information on your registration checklist in Self-Service Carolina or by viewing your degree audit in DegreeWorks. You will also receive an email from the Office of Student Services and/or your advisor at the start of each academic year with your advisor's name and contact information.  

As a general rule, students are assigned to an advisor by major and then distributed alphabetically. 

HOW do I schedule an appointment with my advisor in this college? 

Easy! You can schedule an appointment online by logging in to the EAB Pathfinder system

WHEN does formal advisement occur each semester in HRSM?

Advisement for the Fall semester typically begins mid-September and lasts through mid-November.

Advisement for the Spring semester typically begins the first week of February and lasts through the first week of April.


Changing Majors into HRSM  

If you are interested in changing your major to a program of study in HRSM from another college/school on campus, first meet with an Exploratory Advisor to ensure you meet all necessary requirements. Then schedule a Change of Major Workshop with HRSM.  If you want more information about programs in this college, please contact the HRSM Director of Recruitment, Collin Crick, at 803-777-6608 or

If you are currently majoring in a program of study in this college and wish to change to a different major still in this college, see your HRSM academic advisor for next steps. 


Dual Degree Declaration

For those students interested in declaring a Dual Degree, please schedule an appointment with Assistant Dean Kathy Smiling