We prepare physicians committed to improving the health and wellness of your family and your community through creative teaching, innovative research and quality clinical care.
Cultivate a culture of curiosity and commitment to others to transform the health and wellness of communities.
The UofSC School of Medicine Greenville
- will be responsive to the changing health care needs of the diverse communities we serve with an emphasis on health and wellness.
- understands that health care delivery is constantly evolving and that its physician graduates must facilitate and advocate for transformative care that improves patient health and the health of communities.
- will graduate physicians who understand comparative effectiveness research and are champions for patient safety, high-value, evidence-based care and continuous quality improvement.
- will produce competent, respectful, compassionate physicians dedicated to providing culturally sensitive, interprofessional patient care.
- will recruit, develop and support faculty and staff who are committed to their professions as a calling, and who consider their teaching abilities as a gift and a privilege.
- will graduate physicians fully prepared to enter specialty training and who demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and civic responsibility.
- will be integrated with all aspects of our partner health delivery system, utilizing policies and procedures that synergistically combine the academic virtues of USC with the operational efficiencies of Prisma Health.