Through innovative research and sustainable programmatic efforts, the EIC grant positions the College of Arts and Sciences as a leader in strategic partnerships and collaboration, while cultivating a sense of belonging and value for all stakeholders. The types of projects accepted include those that stimulate sustainable culture-enhancing efforts within the college or support community-centered research for public impact.
The following steps are required for eligibility considerations:
- Complete the EIC Grant Application Form.
- Submit a one-page narrative that is authored, co-authored, or fully endorsed by the unit’s chair or director. (An endorsement is needed only if the primary applicant is not the unit's chair or director.
- Previously awarded efforts have included:
- Bystander intervention training
- An elementary school archaeological dig
- The use of art to combat youth criminalization
- Grant funds may also cover:
- Brochures and promotional materials
- Consultant fees or speaker honorariums
- Small equipment purchases related to program events, research, or teaching innovations
Fall 2023 applications are due by October 27, 2023, by 11:59pm. Award announcements will be made in November 2023.
Note: All USC policies and procedures must be followed when spending the CAS EIC Grant funds, this includes purchasing regulations and use of A funds. These funds may not be used for any expense that is prohibited under university policies and procedures.