Attention College of Arts and Sciences students! Would you like to share your enthusiasm
about your major and your college experience with the larger community? Would you
like to gain valuable leadership experience by serving as a campus resource? Consider
applying to be a student ambassador for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Student ambassadors represent the college at campus and community events, including events with prospective students, alumni, the college's Board of Visitors and other groups in the community. They act as informal mentors to prospective students and new students in the college.
- Develop your networking, communication and leadership skills.
- Serve UofSC and the Columbia community.
- Earn credit towards your Graduation with Leadership Distinction.
- Optionally enroll in COLA 390 Community Internship (1 credit) to receive academic credit.
- Earn $10 per hour for participation in assigned college events or activities.
Please read the details below before applying.
- Open to undergraduate students pursuing a major in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Must have completed at least one academic year at UofSC and are in good academic standing.
- Must have the endorsement of a faculty member or academic advisor in your major; Provide your endorser’s contact information on the application.
- Commit for one full academic year.
- Represent the college at recruitment and other special events (Open Houses, Admitted Student Days, Summer Seniors events, Family Weekend, Board of Visitors and Alumni Council events, community engagement events, etc.) and in college promotional material.
- Provide informal tours and serve as a resource to prospective and incoming students, alumni and special guests of the college.
- Assist with new student orientation sessions held by the college through meet-and-greet sessions, student Q&A panels, informal tours and related activities.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the college related to its recruitment and orientation programming.
- Attend an initial orientation and one or two professional development sessions (you will be offered a choice of times and topics).
- Participate in a minimum of three events/activities (you’ll choose the events/activities that work best with your schedule and interests).
- Attend an end-of-year individual meeting with the program coordinator.
- Ambassadors enrolled in COLA 390 must complete all course assignments, including an introductory meeting, brief readings, a journal and a final reflection.
The application process for 2021-2022 is closed. Please check back in early April for the call for applications for 2022-2023.