Attention College of Arts and Sciences students! Would you like to share your enthusiasm
about your major and your college experience with the larger community? Would you
like to gain valuable leadership experience by serving as a campus resource? Consider
applying to be a student ambassador for the College of Arts and Sciences. Consider
applying to be a student ambassador for the College of Arts and Sciences. Application Deadline Extended: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
Student ambassadors represent the college at campus and community events, including events with prospective students, alumni, the college's Board of Visitors and other groups in the community. They act as informal mentors to prospective students and new students in the college.
- Develop your networking, communication and leadership skills.
- Serve USC and the Columbia community.
- Earn credit towards your Graduation with Leadership Distinction.
- Optionally enroll in COLA 390 Community Internship (1 credit) to receive academic credit.
- Earn $12 per hour for participation in assigned college events or activities.
Please read the details below before applying.
- Open to undergraduate students pursuing a major in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Must have completed at least one academic year at USC and are in good academic standing.
- Must have the endorsement of a faculty member or academic advisor in your major; Provide your endorser’s contact information on the application.
- Commit for the full 2022-2023 academic year.
- Represent the college at recruitment and other special events (Open Houses, Admitted Student Days, Summer Seniors events, Family Weekend, Board of Visitors and Alumni Council events, community engagement events, etc.) and in college promotional material.
- Provide informal tours and serve as a resource to prospective and incoming students, alumni and special guests of the college.
- Assist with new student orientation sessions held by the college through meet-and-greet sessions, student Q&A panels, informal tours and related activities.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the college related to its recruitment and orientation programming.
- All ambassadors must be available from 3:00-4:30 pm on Fridays; we will hold bimonthly professional development sessions during that time.
- Participate in a minimum of three college events/activities (you’ll choose the events/activities that work best with your schedule and interests).
- Attend an individual meeting with the program coordinator.
- Complete an end-of-semester evaluation survey and reflection activity.
- Ambassadors enrolled in COLA 390 must complete all course assignments, including an introductory meeting, brief readings, a journal and a final reflection.