How to connect
You can access lab computers remotely by choosing one of the options below.
CAS Remote Labs
Remote Lab is available for all College of Arts and Sciences students, faculty and
staff. it allows you to access a virtual computer lab desktop from any location using
Remote Access to PC Labs
Get Started on a Browser
- Open your web browser and log into CAS Remote Lab
- Click on Verizon VMWare Horizon HTML Access
- Use your UofSC ID to sign in with ds\ in front of your username.
- Complete Dual Factor Authentication
- Select the Remote lab. This will launch the desktop which is the same as logging in to a traditional computer in a lab on campus. It may take several seconds to load depending on your connection.Once you are logged in you can use software on the computer the same as you would on campus.
You can upload a file from your local machine. If you click on the Chevrons to open the menu. Once uploaded it will be saved in the documents folder. There is also an option to copy and paste text from your local machine.
CAS Remote Labs - Mac
1. Connect to VPN. If you are off campus, you will need to login to VPN. Follow the instructions below for VPN for Mac. (If you are on campus network (dorm or office) skip this step).
Instructions for VPN on Mac
If you need assistance with VPN, please call 803-777-1800. Keep in mind that your connection speed is going to depend on your network.
2. Go to http://cocasckeyserve.ds.sc.edu/
3. Select Gambrell 001
4. Choose a Computer
5. Click on the IP address
6. Click on Open Screen Sharing
7. Login with your username and password that you use in the Lab. The desktop will appear and you can login like you would if you are in the lab