Faculty and Staff
Michel van Tooren
|Title:||Professor, Mechanical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
Dr. van Tooren's research interest include Design Automation, Knowledge Based Engineering, Alternative aircraft concepts, Composite aircraft fuselages, Aircraft Certification, Systems Engineering and Road vehicle aerodynamics.
- Ph.D., TU-Delft, 1993
- M.S., University of Technology Delft Aerospace Engineering, 1988
- B.S., University of Technology Delft Aerospace Engineering, 1986
- La Rocca, G., Tooren, MJL van, Knowledge Based Engineering to support complex product design, J.of Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol.26 Issue 2, 2012.
- Foeken, M.J., Alvarez Cabrera, A., Voskuijl, M.., Tooren, MJL van, Enabling control software generation by using mechatronics modeling primitives Journal of Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol.26 Issue 2, 2012.
- Steenhuizen, D., Tooren, MJL van, "The implementation of a Knowledge Based Engineering framework for the aerodynamic optimization of a morphing wing device", Journal of Advanced Engineering Informatics. vol.26 Issue 2, 2012.
- A. Elham∗, G.M.R. Van Raemdonck, M.J.L. van Tooren, "Design, construction, and validation of a new boundary layer rake for full-scale testing". Journal of Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 26 (2012) 30–36
- M. van Tooren, C. Kassapoglou, "Structural Design – Tradeoffs" in Encyclopedia of Aerospace Engineering, eds R. Blockley and W. Shyy, John Wiley: Chichester. DOI:10.1002/9780470686652.eae596. , Published 15th June 2012