Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Visiting Professor, Mechanical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
Dr. Robert's research and interests include materials performance in nuclear reactors, product design, manufacturing and concurrent engineering.
- Ph.D., University of Sheffield, England, 1960
- M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh, PA, 1983
- B.S., (Hons), University of Sheffield, England, 1956
Honors and Awards
- "George Westinghouse Signature Award of Excellence", Westinghouse Corporate Winner, 1993
- "George Westinghouse Innovation Award", Nuclear Fuels Division, 1992
- "General Manager’s Business Innovation Award", Nuclear Fuels Division, Westinghouse, 1990
Energy Panel Discussion – Engineering Week
As part of the 2013 Engineering Week activities a panel discussion on energy was held Thursday, February 21. Dr. Elwyn Roberts, Visiting Professor in Mechanical Engineering led the panel discussion presenting highlights from his recent whitepaper on energy. The panel included: Mr. Steve. Byrne (SCANA), Mr. Sumit Ray (Westinghouse), Dr. Bill Summers (SRNL) and Dr. JR Regalbuto (professor and endowed chair, USC).
You can read Dr. Roberts’ whitepaper "U.S. Energy: Present State and Future Perspective" (download whitepaper part 1 | whitepaper part 2). You can email comments and questions to Dr. Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.