Faculty and Staff
Titan C. Paul
|Title:||Instructor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
300 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Dr. Paul’s research interest includes Energy storage liquid for solar technologies, Heat transfer with phase change, Numerical methods in conjugate heat and mass transfer problem, Thermal management of microelectronics, and Heat transfer and moisture migration problems in building environment.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of South Carolina, 2014
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Tuskegee University, 2009
- B.S., Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 2005
- Paul,T.C., Morshed, AKM. M., Fox, E.B., Khan, J.A. “Thermal Performance of Al2O3 Nanoparticle Enhanced Ionic Liquids (NEILs) for Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Applications” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 85 (2015) 585–594.
- Paul,T.C., Morshed, AKM. M., Fox, E.B., Khan, J.A. “Experimental Investigation of Natural Convection Heat Transfer of Al2O3 Nanoparticle Enhanced Ionic Liquids (NEILs)” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 83 (2015) 753–761.
- Paul,T.C., Morshed, AKM. M., Fox, E.B., Visser, A.E., Bridges, N. J., Khan, J.A. “Thermal Performance of Ionic Liquid for Solar Thermal Applications” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 59(2014)88-95.
- Paul,T.C., Morshed, AKM. M., Fox, E.B., Visser, A.E., Bridges, N. J., Khan, J.A. “Buoyancy Driven Heat Transfer Behavior of [C4mim][NTf2] Ionic Liquid: An Experimental Study” Applied Thermal Engineering 66 (2014) 534-540.
- Morshed, AKM. M., Paul,T. C., Khan, J. A. “Effect of Al2O3 Nanoparticle Deposition on Flow Boiling Performance of Water in a Microchannel” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 47(2013) 6–13.
- Morshed, AKM. M., Paul,T. C., Khan, J. A."Atomistic Simulation of Temperature Dependent Thermal Transport across Nanoconfined Liquid",Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures 47 (2013) 246–251
- Sree, D., Paul, T., Aglan, H. “Temperature and Power Consumption Measurements as a Means for Evaluating Building Thermal Performance”.Applied Energy 87 (2010) 2014–2022.
- Paul,T., Sree, D., Aglan, H. “Effect of Mechanically- Induced Ventilation on the Indoor Air Quality of Building Envelopes” Energy and Buildings 42 (2010) 326–332.