Faculty and Staff
|Department:||Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
|Office:||300 Main Street Room C209|
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1993
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1990
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of the Philippines, 1987
Dr. Flora’s main research interests are in molecular modeling for environmental reactions, computer modeling of water quality engineering processes, and processes for water quality engineering.
- Associate/Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC (1993–present).
- Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, National University of Singapore (2001-2002)
- “Radionuclide Waste Disposal: Development of Multi-scale Experimental and Modeling Capabilities,” subaward 1750-219-2020199 to DE-SC0012530, US Department of Energy/EPSCoR, $1,035,000 (total project: $5,250,000), 08/15/2014-08/14/2017. Role: Co-PI (USC Co-PIs: J. Caicedo, T. Knight, F. Matta, P. Ziehl; Project PI: B. Powell, Clemson University).
- “The Study of FO-RO Mechanism Investigation and Advanced Operation Technology for Water Quality Control.” Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)/Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, South Korea, $199,560, 01/01/2015–12/31/2019, Role: Co-PI (PI: Y. Yoon).
- “NUE: Nanotechnology LINK: An Integrated Approach for Nanotechnology Education: End-of-life Management of Nanomaterial-Containing Wastes,” EEC-1343756, National Science Foundation, $197,944, 9/1/2013–8/31/2015. Role: Senior Investigator (PI: N. Berge; Co-PIs: J. Caicedo, C. Pierce, Y. Yoon, F. Matta).
- “Resource Recovery from Diverted Food Waste via Hydrothermal Carbonization.” Environmental Research and Education Foundation, 03/15/2014–03/14/2016, $123,000.Role: co-PI (PI: N. Berge).
Awards and Honors
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 1998.