- Whether you are interested in community service, research opportunities, travel and study abroad, or meeting new and diverse people UofSC has many ways to get involved. Find opportunities here.
- Garnet gate is a great way to find organizations and attend events. Keep up with what is happening here.
- The Leadership and Service Center has opportunities for leadership development, civic engagement, volunteering, and community service. To see a list of current opportunities visit their website.
- Graduation with Leadership Distinction is a formal honor designated for students who demonstrate extensive and purposeful engagement beyond the classroom. Pathway students can begin working on this distinction their first semester on campus.
Campus recreation offers two fitness facilities – Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center and Solomon P. Blatt PE Center. Both facilities have weight and cardio equipment
- Purchase a Group X pass each semester to attend fitness classes
- Sign up for intramural sports with your friends
- Explore South Carolina and the great outdoors with an Outdoor Recreation bike trip or hike
There are only a few restrictions Palmetto Pathway students have on UofSC's campus. Pathway participants cannot:
- join social fraternities or sororities
- hold office in a club or organization
- be part of a club or organization that requires enrollment in a UofSC course (including ROTC)
- participate in intercollegiate athletics*
However, these opportunities will be available to you when you transfer and enroll as a full-time UofSC student.
*Pathway students can participate in some sport clubs. If you have questions about specific sports, reach out to Campus Recreation at 803-576-9377.