The Palmetto College Online Associate Degrees are issued by our regional campuses within the UofSC system.
Palmetto College’s Associate Degrees equip students with a well-rounded education to aid them in their steps toward a successful career and if desired, further education.
Students will be able to develop logical and persuasive arguments, apply the methods of mathematical, statistical, or analytical reasoning to critically evaluate data, and apply the principles of the natural sciences. You will be able to use the principles of historical thinking to understand past human societies and principles of the social sciences to explore diverse cultural identities.
You can complete your Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree 100% online or in a blended format through one of our USC Palmetto College campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union, and Fort Jackson).
Click here to view the full curriculum.
Why should I complete an associate degree?
Our Associate Degree Graduates have endless opportunities, including continuation into our online Bachelor's Degree Completion Programs.
Below are a few of the many reasons students start their educational journey with our Associate Degree:
- Flexible – You can complete your degree 100% online or in a blended format through one of our campuses.
- Affordable – Our tuition is the lowest in the USC System.
- Reputable – Your degree from the University of South Carolina is nationally recognized and offered by world-class faculty. Your diploma will be identical to those earned by students on campus.
- Potential – With your associate degree, your options for employment, higher earnings, and further education immediately expand. In fact, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, workers who have an associate degree earn about $8,000 more per year than those with only a high school diploma.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To enroll in this online degree program:
- Freshman applicants must have a high school diploma from a region-ally accredited association or its equivalent (GED) prior to enrolling.
- High School transcripts for freshman applicants must show completion of the College Preparatory Curriculum, which includes 20 units, along with a 2.0 GPA (4.0 scale) or higher.
- Applicants who did not graduate from high school must submit a copy of a GED certificate or satisfactory GED test scores.
- Prospective students transferring from another institution must have a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (4.0 scale). If fewer than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of college-level work have been attempted, the applicant must also meet freshman admission requirements.
If you're a full-time student, the program should take about 2 years -- the same as if you were attending class in-person. If you work, you may need to take a lighter course load. Talk to an advisor about how to balance Palmetto College classes with your schedule.
Ready to get started?
New terms begin six times per year, with the option to take your courses 100% online or in a blended format.
Call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances.
If you've already talked to a Palmetto College representative, apply today and begin the enrollment process.