The Palmetto College Online Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science is issued by USC Aiken, one of USC’s senior campuses.
Palmetto College's Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science, with a concentration in Cybersecurity, is designed to provide students with the knowledge to work with data structures, algorithmic design, information security, software engineering, and take courses on discrete math and survey of calculus.
- Learn to protect data, programs, and networks by developing skills in programming (python)
- Learn how to work well within a team
- Develop strong oral and written communication skills
- Gain familiarity with various technologies
- Learn about (and how to) cryptography, operating systems, ethical hacking, secure software engineering, cyber defense, digital forensics, and cyber ethics
Why should I complete a bachelor's degree in applied computer science?
Every industry and private citizen is counting on our cybersecurity and information assurance experts to detect system vulnerabilities and protect sensitive data. An applied computer science degree, concentrating in cybersecurity, allows you to become a crucial member of any security team, protecting reputable organizations and government agencies from attackers. A career in cybersecurity is lucrative, rewarding, and always exciting.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To apply for this online degree program, students must have:
- 45-60 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Recommended completion of the following courses:
- Composition and Literature
- Survey of Calculus (or higher-level Calculus)
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Humanities course
- World Civilization
- American Government or American History
Students who have not completed these requirements can do so at any of our Palmetto College campuses statewide, or at any technical college. To find out if you are qualified to apply for this program, please contact a Palmetto College advisor.
If you're a full-time student, the program should take about 2 years -- the same as if you were attending class in-person. If you work, you may need to take a lighter course load. Talk to an advisor about how to balance Palmetto College classes with your schedule.
Ready to get started?
New terms begin six times per year. Follow the application instructions for this degree to start the enrollment process.
If you have questions or would like an unofficial pre-evaluation of your college work before applying please call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances.