The Palmetto College Online Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication is issued by USC Aiken, one of USC's senior campuses.
- Strategic Communications: Mass communication, brand communication, crisis communication, public relations, media relations, corporate communication, internal communication
- Public Relations Specialist: branding, relationship building, community liaison, media relations, crisis management
- Government/Defense/Politics/Law: Government communications, speech writing, legislative affairs, lobbying, researching, press secretary, campaigner, lawyer
- Health Care/Health Communications: Marketing, training, health education, publications editor, activities planner, patient advocacy, health campaigns
- Education: Teacher, professor, college recruitment, admissions counseling, alumni relations, program development, student activities, sports information
- Business/Advertising: Management, corporate training, customer service, human resources, media relations, advertising, consulting
- Social & Human Services: Community affairs liaison, volunteer coordinator, tourism, ministry
- Tourism/Event Planning: marketing, audience analysis, publicity
Why should I complete a bachelor's degree in communication?
• Communication has traditionally been one of the most important disciplines in the
liberal arts and we teach the career readiness communication competencies that the
National Association of College and Employers stress as essential for college graduates.
• 100% of our student go through intense Career and Self-Development training.
• 100% of our students complete a Capstone Experience which is considered a high impact teaching practice and ensures our students are ready for the workforce and continued intellectual development and lifelong learning after graduation.
• 100% of our students complete a final portfolio or ePortfolio, which is a high impact teaching practice.
• 100% of our student take courses focused on diversity and global learning, also a high impact practice.
• Our students participate in undergraduate research and present at academic conferences.
• Communication degrees are some of the popular university majors in the United States because effective communication is essential to your personal and professional success.
• Our students have a track record of graduating, getting good jobs and being accepted to graduate school.
• Our faculty are award winning teachers and researchers.
• Our faculty are active in important academic organizations such as the Carolinas Communication Association, the Southern States Communication Association, the National Communication Association, the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, and the International Communication Association.
Prerequisites & Requirements
To apply for this online degree program, students must have:
- 45-60 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Recommended completion of the following courses:
- Composition and Literature
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Two Social or Behavioral Science courses
- Humanities course
- World Civilization
- American History or American Government
If you're a full-time student, the program should take about 2 years -- the same as if you were attending class in-person. If you work, you may need to take a lighter course load. Talk to an advisor about how to balance Palmetto College classes with your schedule.
Ready to get started?
New terms begin six times per year. Follow the application instructions for this degree to start the enrollment process.
If you have questions or would like an unofficial pre-evaluation of your college work before applying please call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances.