The Student Leadership and Diversity Conference is accepting educational session applications for our 2021 virtual conference. Students, Graduate Assistants, Staff, Faculty, and Community members are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for applications is Dec 4.
Mission Possible: Cracking the Code of Leadership and Diversity
The Student Leadership and Diversity Conference (SLDC) is a regional conference that trains and educates student leaders on topics spanning leadership and diversity. Students participate in sessions on topics including: developing a leadership identity, exploring social justice and inclusion, creating initiatives and methods to foster sustainable positive change, and maximizing your student leadership experience.
SLDC will run from Feb 8 - Feb. 19, 2021. A more detailed schedule is forthcoming.
SLDC will consist of three parts:
- A leadership development and diversity education library
- Asynchronous video presentations
- Synchronous live workshops
SLDC will be free for registrants in 2021.
The SLDC registration will open on Jan. 8, 2021
Students, Graduate Assistants, Staff, Faculty, and Community members may apply for one of two types of sessions:
- Synchronous sessions are expected to be between 40 minutes and 1 hour and should actively engage participants in activities or discussion based learning.
- Asynchronous sessions are meant to be short, 10-30 minute, videos that deliver solid information and strong learning outcomes to students. Because these are asynchronous they should not be discussion based or interactive.
The deadline for applications is Dec. 4.