Log in to Garnet Gate to check out the complete student organization directory. The university has more than 550 organizations that focus on academics, sports,
dance, games, careers and more. All you need is your University of South Carolina username and password (the same one you use for Blackboard).
Create a New Organization
If you can't find an organization that matches your interest and think it might be an organization other students would enjoy, we can help you through the process of starting a new organization.
Need additional help? Check out some commonly asked questions below:
Use the 25Live reservation system to request use of facilities managed by the Russell House. Get complete details on making a space reservation. If you have questions or need help, call 803-777-7127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Leadership and Service Center checks officer eligibility. If an officer doesn't meet the requirements he or she will be removed and the organization will be notified.
Only current officers of an organization can update officers in Garnet Gate. To update officers:
- Log into Garnet Gate using your personal South Carolina username and password.
- Find your organization in the Action Center.
- Go into the Roster tab on your Garnet Gate page and update your roster with your new officers. (If you’re unsure on how to update, visit the Documents section of our Garnet Gate page and review How to Change Your Officers.
Per university policy, only Associated Student Organizations can have University Advisors
If you would like to change or add an advisor and are an ASO please email Josua Cauble, email@example.com.
Registered Student Organizations are no longer required to maintain constitutions but are encouraged to maintain guiding documents for their organizations.
Associated Student Organizations are required to maintain a constitution which meets the requirements set forth by the Leadership and Service Center. All Associated Student Organization constitutions must be reviewed and approved by the Leadership and Service Center before becoming official. If your organization is an Associated Student Organization, please submit your updated constitution for review.
In order to submit a name change for your organization, you must:
• Vote and have the approval of your student organization for the name change
To change the name of your organization:
- Complete the Student Organization Name Change Request Form, and don't forget to include the rationale for the name change.
- Update your organization’s constitution with the new name.
Once you’ve submitted your completed materials and request, the Leadership and Service Center will review it and notify you if the change has been accepted or if further information is needed.
Student Organizational Conduct
To help you make fully informed choices about joining student organizations at the University of South Carolina, we provide a report on organizational conduct violations dating back to 2011.