A Problem-Solving Partnership
Service-learning is an invaluable tie linking the university to the Midlands region. Community agencies can benefit greatly from the involvement of college students, not just for their enthusiasm, but because they are eager to explore the theories and practices they are learning as well as fulfill their desire for purposeful service. Students of the University of South Carolina can help you:
- Improve your efficiency, quality of services, or extent of services
- Increase access to university resources such as facilities, expertise and programs.
- Develop a working relationship with the University of South Carolina.
- Access community-based research projects that enhance or improve your understanding of community needs.
- Learn about emerging generations of students.
- Bring unique or modern skills to your agency or program such as webpage design.
- Break through myths and stereotypes about students (or communities) through exposure
Community Partner Breakfast
Each year, the university sponsors a Community Partner Breakfast to celebrate and build sustainable community partnerships and connect campus representatives with local agencies to enhance the success of service-learning and other community engagement initiatives. The free event is open to faculty, staff, students and community agency representatives who are involved in or interested in campus-community partnerships.