Instructions for forwarding e-mail PRINTER FRIENDLY
To forward your e-mail messages to a personal e-mail account,
you must establish a forward rule within Outlook Web Access.
NOTE: Currently, Mozilla Firefox does not support a RULE option. UTS staff are working on an alternative. A quick fix until a solution is provided is to use Internet Explorer to set this forwarding rule. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Login to Outlook Web Access with your network username.
- Select Rules on the menu in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select new from the menu across the top of the window.
- Enter a name for your forward rule. *This step is optional.
- Under the heading Then, select the Forward it to button.
- Enter your personal e-mail address to which your e-mail will be forwarded.
- If you do not want to retain a copy in your University e-mail mailbox, uncheck the box labeled Keep a copy in my Inbox. Note that messages in student inboxes will be automatically deleted after 60 days. If your mailbox grows beyond it's size limit, you must manually delete some messages to continue receiving your forwarded mail.
- Click Save and Close to finish..
If you have any problems using these instructions, please contact the University Technology Services Help Desk at (803) 777-1800. You can also schedule an appointment in the iCARE Center at your convenience for additional support.