Faculty and Staff
Heather S. Miles, MSN, APRN WHNP-BC
|College of Nursing|
College of Nursing
- Post Master’s Certificate Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner, Duke University (2017)
- Master of Science in Nursing Education, Walden University (2012)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Boston College (1995)
NURS 312 Foundations of Nursing Practice (Course coordination and clinical)
NURS 424 Care of Childbearing Families (Course coordination, didactic and clinical)
NURS 435 Capstone (Clinical)
NURS 704 Advanced Health Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning (Clinical)
NURS 705 Acute Problems of Adults/Gerontology and Women’s Health in Primary Care (Didactic)
Research (Interest Areas)
- LGBTQ Health- access, provider education, instrument development
- Prevention of Unintended Pregnancy
- STI prevention
- Simulation in Nursing Education
Poster presented for Research Day 2019 titled “Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women: A Review of the Literature.
- Alpha Xi chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, International Nursing Honor Society member since 2013
- American Nurses Association (ANA) member since 2010
- Professional consultant for Student Nurses Association of South Carolina (SNA-SC) 2013-2015
- SC Nurses Association (SCNA) elected member at large since 2018
- Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH) since 2015
Professor Miles currently practices one day a week on Wednesday as for the Cooperative at Hopkin’s Pediatrics and Family Practice. Past clinical experience includes labor and delivery, med/surg, occupational health, and post anesthesia care.
2010-2013 Site study team member for USC College of Nursing in the National Council
State Boards of Nursing Simulation
2018 Research Assistant for Dr. Robin Dawson- focus group facilitator, transcription and coding for Firefighter Nutrition
2019 Co-I. Partners in Advocacy in Trans Health (PATH) Study. USC CON seed grant. Funded $6500.
Manning, L. & Zager, L. (2014). Medical surgical nursing concepts made insanely easy: A new approach to prioritizing nursing. Duluth, GA: I CAN Publishing, Inc.