Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
|Department:||School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
School of Medicine
Ph.D., Molecular Biology, Indian Institute of Science, 1987
M.S., Microbiology, University of Baroda, 1981
B.S., Microbiology, Gujrat State University, 1979
Dr. Patel's research interests include molecular regulation of vascular endothelial and smooth muscle cells.
- Marc S. Penn, Chandrashekhar V. Patel, Mei Zhen Cui, Paul E. DiCorleto and Guy M. Chisholm (1999) LDL increases inactive tissue factor on vascular smoth muscle cell surfaces; hydrogen peroxide activates latent cell surface tissue factor. Circulation 99, 1753-1759.
- Chandrashekhar V. Patel, Rajesh Sharangpani and Paul E. DiCorleto (1999) Endothelial cells express a novel TNF-alpha regulated varient of HOXA9. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 1415-1422.
- Chandrashekhar V. Patel, Indhira Handy, Tiffany Goldsmith, and Rekha C. Patel (2000) PACT, a stress-modulated cellular activator of interferon-induced double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase, PKR. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 37993-37998.
- Rekha C. Patel, Indhira Handy, and Chandrashekhar V. Patel (2002) Contribution of double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase toward antiproliferative actions of heparin on vascular smooth muscle cells.
- Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 221, 439-1444.