Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
Dr. Huang's research interests include mechanics and durability of functional and structural composite materials, in particular, composite materials in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells, solid oxide fuel cells, structural composites, and coatings.
- Ph.D., Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech 2001
- B.E., Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 1993
- W. Yoon, X. Huang, "A Multiphysics Model of PEM Fuel Cell Incorporating the Cell Compression Effects,"Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2010, in print.
- W. Yoon, X. Huang, "Study of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Degradation under OCV Hold Using Bilayer MEAs," Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2010, 157 (4).
- C. Huang, X. Huang, M. Rodgers, "Chapter 9: Impurity Mitigation Strategies" in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells: Contamination and Mitigation Strategies, CRC book series on Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Taylor and Francis, 2009.
- L. Xing, K. Reifsnider, and X. Huang, "Progressive damage modeling for large deformation loading of composite structures," Composites Science and Technology (2008), doi:10.1016/j.compscitech.2008.08.019.
- N. Luo, G. Miley, K. Kim, R. Burton, X. Huang, "NaBH4/H2O2 fuel cells for air independent power systems,"Journal of Power Sources (2008), 185 (2): 685~690.
- R. Solasi, Y. Zou, X. Huang, K. Reifsnider, "A Time and Hydration-Dependent Viscoplastic Model for Polyelectrolyte Membranes in Fuel Cells," Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, (2008), 12:15~30.
- G. Ju, K. Reifsnider, X. Huang, "Infrared Thermography and Thermoelectrical Study of a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell," Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, 2008, 5 (3), 031006 (6 pages).
- W. Yoon, X. Huang, P. Fazzino, K. Reifsnider, M. Akkaoui, "Evaluation of Coated Metallic Bipolar Plates for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells," Journal of Power Sources (2008), 179 (1):265~273.
- R. Solasi, Y. Zou, X. Huang, K. Reifsnider, "On Mechanical Behavior, Characterization and Modeling of Ionomer Membranes Used in Fuel Cell Applications," Journal of Power Sources (2007), Vol. 167 (2): 366-377.
- X. Huang, R. Solasi, Y. Zou, K. Reifsnider, D. Condit, S. Burlatsky, T. Madden, "Mechanical endurance of polymer electrolyte membrane and PEM fuel cell durability," Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, Vol 44, 2006, 2346-2357.
- K. Reifsnider, X. Huang, G. Ju, R. Solasi, "Multi-scale modeling approaches for functional nano-composite materials," Journal of Material Science (2006) 41:6751-6759.
- G. Ju, K. Reifsnider, X. Huang, Y. Du, "Time Dependent Properties and Performance of a Tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cell," ASME Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, Nov. 2004, pp35~42. (4)