Faculty and Staff
|Department:||Integrated Information Technology
College of Engineering and Computing
550 Assembly Street, Suite 1300
Columbia, SC 29208
|LinkedIn:||My LinkedIn profile|
Elie Kfoury received the Ph.D. degree in Informatics from the University of South Carolina (USC), in 2023. He is currently an assistant professor in the Integrated Information Technology department at USC. As a member of the Cyberinfrastructure Laboratory, he developed training materials using virtual labs on high-speed networks, TCP congestion control, programmable switches, SDN, and cybersecurity. He is the co-author a book “High-Speed Networks: A Tutorial”, that is being used nationally for deploying, troubleshooting, and tuning Science DMZ networks. His research interests include P4 programmable data planes, computer networks, cybersecurity, and Blockchain. He previously worked as a research and teaching assistant in the computer science department at the American University of Science and Technology in Beirut.
Ph.D., Informatics, University of South Carolina, SC, USA.
M.S., Computer Science, American University of Science and Technology, Beirut, Lebanon.
B.S., Computer Science, American University of Science and Technology, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Breakthrough Graduate Scholars, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, 2023.
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Communication and Network Protocol (ICCNP 2018), Paris, France, 2018.
- 2nd place (Secumobi), Ericsson Startup Challenge, Stockholm, Sweden, 2017.
- 1st place, Alfa and Ericsson Internet of Things (IoT) Award, Beirut, Lebanon, 2017.
- Programmable data planes and Software-defined Networking (SDN)
- High-speed networks and Science DMZs
- Cloud computing and data center virtualization
- E. Kfoury, J. Crichigno, E. Bou-Harb, "P4BS: Leveraging Passive Measurements from P4 Switches to Dynamically Modify a Router’s Buffer Size", IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, August, 2023.
- E. Kfoury, J. Crichigno, E. Bou-Harb, "P4CCI: P4-based Online TCP Congestion Control Algorithm Identification for Traffic Separation", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Rome, Italy, June 2023.
- E. Kfoury, J. Crichigno, E. Bou-Harb, "P4Tune: Enabling Programmability in Non-Programmable Networks", IEEE Communications Magazine, February, 2023.
- E. Kfoury, J. Crichigno, E. Bou-Harb, "An Exhaustive Survey on P4 Programmable Data Plane Switches: Taxonomy, Applications, Challenges, and Future Trends", IEEE Access, June 2021.
- E. Kfoury, J. Gomez, J. Crichigno, E. Bou-Harb, "An Emulation-based Evaluation of TCP BBRv2 Alpha for Wired Broadband", Computer Communications, July 2020.