Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
- Signal integrity for high speed circuits by using industrial standard tools, including HFSS, HSPICE, PSPICE, ADS, IBIS, and CADENCE ALLEGRO Viewer for analysis of board-level crosstalk, interconnects, connectors, packages, and vias, for modeling of behavioral buffers, for design of clock timing systems, and for analysis of power delivery networks.
- Analysis and design of multi-band mobile handset printed inverted-F antennas (PIFAs) and base station antenna arrays by using the finite difference time domain (FDTD) method.
- Analysis and design of RF, millimeter-wave, and microwave integrated circuits printed on multi-layer GaN based substrates by using the FDTD approach and the method of moments (MoM).
- Bioelectromagnetic applications: prediction and detection of early breast cancers and EM interaction investigation between human bodies and mobile handsets by using the (FDTD) method.
- Large target scattering RCS prediction by using higher-order, efficient Maxwell’s solvers, including the pseudospectral time domain (PSTD) approach, and multiresolution time domain (MRTD) scheme.
- Wireless indoor and outdoor signal coverage study by using the PSTD MRTD approaches.
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina, 1992
- B.S., Space Physics, Wuhan University, 1982
- M. Yang, Y. Chen, and R Mittra, “Hybrid finite difference / finite volume time domain analysis for microwave integrated circuits with curved PEC surfaces using a non-uniform rectangular grid,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech, vol. 48,-no. 6, pp. 969-975, June 2000.
- M. Tong, M. Yang, Y. Chen, and R. Mittra, “FDTD Analysis of a stacked dual-frequency microstrip planar inverted-F antenna for mobile telephone handsets,” IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. AP-49, pp. 367-376, March 2001.
- Q. Cao, Y. Chen, and R. Mittra, “Multiple image technique (MIT) and anisotropic perfectly match layer (APML) in implementation of MRTD scheme for boundary truncations of microwave structures,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1578-1589, June 2002.
- M. Yang, Y. Chen, R. Mittra, and Z. Gong, “A novel U-shaped planar inverted-F microstrip antenna with a U-shaped slot inset for dual-frequency mobile communications,” IEE Proc.-Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation., vol. 150, no. 4, pp. 197-202, August 2003.
- M. Tong, Y. Lu, Y. Chen, M. Yang, Q. Cao, V. Krozer and R. Vahldieck, “Design and analysis of planar printed microwave and PBG filters using an FDTD method,” Microelectronics Journal (MEJ), vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 777-781, Sep. 2004.