Microsoft Office Mix is an add-on to Microsoft PowerPoint. With Mix, you can create voice-over PowerPoint lectures that are self-running and contain a number of interactive items, such as embedded video, quizzes, and screencasts. Mix is an additional tab that appears on your PowerPoint ribbon.
- Audio and video narration over PowerPoint slides
- Self-running lectures that can be posted to Blackboard
- Digital inking of slides during narration (underlining, circling, drawing, etc.)
- Interactive quizzes and polls
- Screenshots, screencasts, embedded videos, links to educational sites
- Quiz scores can be linked to Blackboard Grade Center
- Microsoft PowerPoint version 2013 or higher, or Office365
- Microsoft Windows Operating System version 7 or higher
- Microsoft Office Mix (free download)
If your computer meets the above requirements, you can download and install Microsoft Office Mix by doing the following:
- Go to Office Mix.
- Click on “Get Office Mix”.
- On the Welcome screen, you have several options for signing in:
- Sign in with a Microsoft Account – if you have a personal account with Microsoft
- Sign in with a work or school account –use this if you currently have a University Office365 account
- Sign in with Facebook – if you have a Facebook account
- Sign in with Google – if you have a Google account
- The window for OfficeMix.Setup.exe will be displayed. Click Save File. The file will be saved.
- Open the download area of your browser and select OfficeMix.Setup.exe.
- On the Open File window, click on Run. Mix will be installed as a tab on your Microsoft PowerPoint ribbon menu.
- Instructional videos at Microsoft Office Mix for Education.
- A step-by-step Instructional Guide for Teachers.
- Using Microsoft Office Mix with Blackboard
- Currently Microsoft Office Mix is offered at no charge to owners of Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 or higher.