These programs facilitate accurate understanding and correct use of University Data through several mechanisms, including data definitions, data standards, data quality, and data integrity assurance. UofSC will be keeping with its policy UNIV 1.51, Data and Information Governance.
- Data definitions - ensure that the meaning of data is clear and not subject to interpretation or opinion
- Data standards - establish what values are expected and permissible within data elements
- Data quality rules and related activities ensure that University Data is:
- accurate – free of errors
- complete – data is present, not missing or only partial)
- consistent – complies with data definitions and standards
- current – up to date
- timely – data are present by the time they are needed
- Data integrity assurance - activities ensures that actual data values conform to definitions, standards, and quality rules, that errors and variance are remediated, and that controls are put in place to prevent future recurrence of issues
Data Standards User Guides
Data Standards Manager
Todd Davis serves as the Data Standards, Quality and Integrity program manager for the Division of Information Technology at the University of South Carolina to lead the data standards, quality, and integrity assurance efforts. He works closely with Data Stewards, Data Managers, Data Custodians, and the data governance team to ensure actual data values conform to established standards, including remediation activities that ensure accurate data is readily available for reporting, analytics, and business intelligence. His prior experience includes nine years in education and 20 plus years in IT, 12 of which he worked on product creation databases and reporting systems for Nike.