Annual Tuition and Fees (2023-2024)
|Year of Program||Semester||Resident Cost||Non-Resident Cost||Non-Resident with Scholarship Cost|
|P1, P2, P3||Fall||$12,370||$18,517||$15,841|
|Cost per credit hour (Part Time)||$1010.00||$1522.25||$1299.25|
|Cost per credit hour (Part Time)||$1016.50||$1534.75||$1308.75|
- Students accepted into the Pharm.D. program pay a seat confirmation fee of $485 prior to the P1 year.
- Total tuition figures above include the cumulative total for all tuition and fees
which will be assessed based on the student’s progression standing within the professional
program, residency status, and full-time versus part-time enrollment. Fees assessed
by the college will be used to support the college’s efforts to:
- Provide requirements for experiential learning (ex: name badge, learning program management systems).
- Provide electronic drug information resources, certification programs, ExamSoft access for electronic testing, and self-assessment platforms.
- Provide printing for students within the COP building.
- Provide annual drug screening and required background checks while admitted (does not include pre-matriculation required screenings).
- Provide a comprehensive NAPLEX (national licensure exam) review program and the Pre-NAPLEX
assessment for students nearing graduation.
- Above fees include USC Technology Fee as appropriate, $200 per semester or pro-rated for per credit hour tuition.
- All Pharm.D. students retaking a course during the summer terms are required to pay
the per credit hour rate for the repeated course and the regular summer program fee.
Students who must schedule an additional IPPE or APPE due to a deficiency in the previous
practice experience will be billed the appropriate per hour tuition for this extra
- All professional program students retaking a course during the summer terms are required
to pay the per credit hour rate for the repeated course and the regular summer program
fee. Students who must schedule an additional IPPE or APPE due to a deficiency in
the previous practice experience will be billed the appropriate per hour tuition for
this extra course.
- All professional program students will be assessed an additional per credit hour charge for course hours outside the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
As a USC student, the choices you make about your college costs will be unique to you. The Office of Financial Aid provides the full breakdown of the estimated cost to attend.
Scholarships are available at both the university and department level. University scholarships are awarded to both S.C. residents and nonresidents by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions based on a variety of eligibility factors.
Departmental scholarships are available thanks to the generous support of alumni and friends, and are awarded to current undergraduate and graduate College of Pharmacy students. These scholarships are primarily merit-based, but often financial need and other special circumstances are considered.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must complete an online application every year.
The application is accessible each spring, and it is due by the deadline set annually
by the college. Scholarship recipients are chosen between June and July.
Verification of Student Identity
Students are responsible for all costs associated with completion of a background check which is required upon admission. The cost of subsequent background checks is included within tuition and fees.